Today at New York Comic-Con Marvel and Kabam announced their second game collaboration, MARVEL Realm of Champions. The new mobile game will debut in 2020 and fans will be able to pledge allegiance to a faction or ‘House’ and join in the epic battle.
- Kabam, creators of the award-winning mobile fighting game MARVEL Contest of Champions, is collaborating with Marvel Entertainment on their second game: MARVEL Realm of Champions.
- Developed as a real-time mobile RPG for longtime Marvel fans and enthusiastic mobile gamers, players will align with Marvel-inspired factions known as ‘Houses’, and team up with friends for real-time action arena combat against enemies and other players as part of an epic war of global proportions in the Battleworld.
- New York Comic-Con attendees can pledge loyalty to their favorite House and learn more by visiting the booth (#556) from October 3-6.
About MARVEL Realm of Champions:
- MARVEL Realm of Championsis a bold new imagining of the Marvel Universe that transports players to the Battleworld, a forbidden planet behind the Space-Time Barrier, where its uneasy peace is disrupted by the death of Maestro, the God-King.
- With alliances between the Houses, now shattered, it is pure war across the land for complete global domination. As a Champion aligned with one of the Houses, players will work together, or fight each other to gather resources for their faction across the Battleworld.
- Houses include:
- House of Iron (Iron Man)
- Spider-Guild (Spider-Man)
- Patriot Garrison (Captain America)
- Pyramid X (X-Men)
- And more
Prepare for Battle:
- After outfitting their Champion with Super Hero-inspired gear, players will ally with their friends to explore the Marvel-inspired landscapes such as:
- High-tech cities built on Stark Technologies
- Fantasy-inspired Asgardian battlefields
- And more
- On the map, players can battle it out in localized battle arenas across a variety of Player vs. Environment (PvE) and Player vs. Player (PvP) modes, with each battle contributing to the larger conflict between Houses.
- By strategically using character class abilities against enemies for better teamwork and maximum effect, players can live out their fantasy of becoming their own Marvel Super Hero, forge diplomatic alliances, and lead their House to victory on the Battleworld in MARVEL Realm of Champions.
- For more information on MARVEL Realm of Champions, visit PLAYMROC.COM or Facebook at [www.facebook.com/MarvelRealmofChampions].
MARVEL Realm of Champions at NYCC
- New York Comic-Con attendees can learn more about MARVEL Realm of Champions at the Marvel Games panel on October 4 at noon PT / 3 pm ET.
What they’re saying:
- Gabriel Frizzera, Art / Creative Director of MARVEL Contest of Champions and MARVEL Realm of Champion: “Working with Marvel on Contest of Champions is a dream for Kabam, and we could not be more proud of the experiences we built together. While MARVEL Contest of Champions continues to grow with years of content down the pipeline, MARVEL Realm of Champions will take players from the Battlerealm’s one-on-one duels to the Battleworld’s global skirmishes for complete territorial control in the name of their House.”
- Bill Rosemann, Marvel Games VP of Creative: “With MARVEL Contest of Champions celebrating its fifth huge year, it’s thrilling to see Kabam expand their ongoing story and invite players to become their own Marvel Super Hero to vie for the fate of Battleworld. From the gleaming skyscrapers of the House of Iron to the webbed alleyways of the Spider-Guild, both dedicated players and casual fans alike have an entire planet waiting for them to explore and conquer. Whose House will you choose?”